When you are using the internet at school or at home it is very important that you stay safe.
Remember if you see something on the internet that concerns you:
- FLAG IT
- BLOCK IT
- REPORT IT
When using any computer, tablet or phone device remember SMART:
S- SAFE- Don't give out your own information
M- MEET- Only meet people you have met online with your parents
A- ACCEPTING- Only open emails & texts from people you trust
R- RELIABLE- Some people online tell lies, only talk to real world friends and family
T- TELL- Tell a parent or adult you trust if something you see online makes you feel uncomfortable
Staying Safe Online - 10 important rules
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
Useful Online Safety Links
Our online safety policy
|Online safety policy Nov 2021.docx||Download|